Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Forrens 4(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Stained Glass(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Cathedrals Measure, 1931(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- type script(4)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 29th January 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the December Monthly Meeting. New Statutes. Leases to the King's School. Burgate 22 - ideal boiler. Precincts 6. Choir School - Mr. Charles' appointment. Electricity kiosk in Precincts. Cathedral alms. Cathedral handbooks. Mr. Bligh and loudspeakers. Precincts 18. Choir - wearing of ruffs and red cassocks. Exning. Tithe Act - capital. Burgate 22. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Tithe Act 1936 - renumeration. Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund - and Education Society. Halford Bequest. Nave stalls. Charge for bell-ringing and Bedesmen - tunicle; stole and burse; sueplices; vergers' holidays; wedding and funeral fees. Church Tutorial Classes Association. Guiding permit for Cathedral.
Minutes of the October Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th October, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the September Chapter meeting. Chorister Killin. Nave screen. Precincts 18. Palace Street 56. Sun Street 17. Burgate 19. Burgate 21A. Roadway on North Side of Green Court. Nomination of candidates fpr Parker Exhibition. Vice-Dean and his deputy. Permission for boys to visit Bell Harry Tower. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. Cathedral keys - Miss Mills. Cathedral glass - old borders in Clerestory. Land st Seasalter. Choir School boiler insurance. Time of week-day evensong. Advent addresses. Canterbury Lectionary. Cathedral organ. New music. Vestry clock. Vergers' gowns. Alternative order of Holy Communion. Choristers' procession. Date of the St. Catherine's Audit, 1938. Mr. Barker, the agent, was absent owing to ill health.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 12th November 1937. The following items were discussed - Library gutters. French Church. All Saints, Maidstone - chancel. Halford Bequest accounts. King's scholars speeches; and portraity of Henry VIII. Palace Street 52. Precincts 21. Cathedral flowers. Palace Street 29. Vergers and celebration of Holy Communion. Cathedral alms fund. New statutes. Choir School. Marked "File" and signed by Hewlett Johnson.