Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- type script(3)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 26th February 1938. The following items were discussed - Choir School - prospectus; Choir School Committee minutes; loss of articles; fire escape. Minutes of January Monthly Meeting and Special meeting. Welcome to Mr. Macnutt (new Canon Residentiary). Nave Stalls. In scription Sir William and lady Brenchley. Christ Church Gateway Angels. Undercroft of the Dormitory. B.B.C. contribution. Land at Seasalter. Burgate 33. Sale of postcards. Tenison throne. April Chapter meeting.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 18th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Chairman of the Estates Committee [Hewlett Johnson appointed]. Chapter House Wiring. Red cassocks. Surplices. Bell-ringing and Bedesman's attendance on the Archbishop. Canon Macnutt - caution money. Minor Canons - agreement. Tenison throne. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organs. Choir heating. Halford Bequest. Forrens 3 and 4 and Precincts 23. Burgate 34B. Precincts 26/27. Precincts 16. Burgate 22. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Precincts 14E. [Saxon-period silver] Calendar. Reinvestment of the tithe capital. Diocesan calendar. Choir School Committee. Cloister garth. Electricity kiosk in the precincts.
Minutes of a Private Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 5th October 1936. The following items were discussed - "a letter from Mr. Charles in which the latter appeared to be unwilling to give obedience to the Canon-in-Residence". Lay clerks working arrangements. Vice-dean's presence at planning of services. Minor canons signing for daily celebrations. Matins. Appointment of Mr. Chambers as verger. One item annotated in pencil.