Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(3)
- Halford Bequest Fund(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Offertory Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Sanatorium(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes--Dissolution of the Dean and Chapter(2)
- Cong d'Elire(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Forrens 4(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury French Church(1)
- Canterbury. Parish of St. Gregory's(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Cathedrals Measure, 1931(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Commutation scheme(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Laboratory(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
- Stone-in-Oxney and Appledore (England)--Union of Benefices(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 28th May, 1938. The following items were discussed - Trial of organs. Choir School. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting. Position of Vice-Dean's substitute. All Hallows, Lombard Street. Door at north end of tunnel. Openings in Dormitory garden. Burgate 34B. Precincts 14B. Gatekeeper, Christ Church Gate. Chapter Office - A. G. Barker. Halford bequest. Great Cloister, west wall. Masonic installation. Matters arisinf from Residence. Dates of St. John's Audit, 1938.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 27th Ferbuary 1937. The following items were discussed - Matters arising out of the Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting, namely - Willesborough. Statutes. Recitation of the Psalter. Report of the Estates Committee on the Following - Precincts Nos. 6, 16, 24, 26 and New Classrooms. Stone-in-Oxney. Guiding Permit for Cathedral. Precincts 14E, Starrs House, No. 2. Paddock Wood. Cathedral Boilers. Burgate 15B. New Classrooms, Payment for. King's School Mintyard Building. Meister Omers Wall Paintings. A. G. Baker, Coaching Fee. Valuation and Insurance of Plate in Cathedral. Cathedral Inventory. Tithe, A. Mitchell, Stone-in-Oxney. C. Ingleton, Minster Sheppey. William Gardner, Pension. Mr. Harvey, Letter of Thanks. Precincts 4. Also discussed were extracts from the minutes of a Council Meeting of the friends of Canterbury Cathedral touching on the following issues - Slope to Great Cloister. Shields on the roof of Edward the Confessor's Chapel. Canterbury Festival, 1937. Undercroft of the Dormitory. Additional Office Accomodation. Tomb of Henry IV. Great Cloister - 14th Century Colour Work. Wax Chamber - Special Door. Pinnacles on Central Tower. Buttresses on South Side of Nave. Almonry Gateway. South-West Transept - South Window. East End of Crypt. Also discussed - Meeting with Sir Charles Peers. King's School Dining Hall. The meeting to be resumed Saturday, 6th March, 1937.
- image unavailable
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 29th May 1937, and its continuation on Saturday, June 5th. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting. The late Dr. Bickersteth. Lower Halstow. Stone-in-Oxney. Cathedral Boilers. Precincts 3. Tomb of Henry IV. Choir School Fees. St. John's Audit. King's School Commutation. Sun Street 17. Forrens 3. Tithe payment for collection of arrears. Choir School. Mr. Helmore. King's School Laboratory. Change of financial year. Chapter House - additional window. Undercroft of Library - fireproof ceiling and lighting. Cupboard in south aisle of Choir. Cathedral plate valuation. Bell Harry, floodlighting. Cathedral keys - Mr. Playfoot. Library request for hot plate. Paddock Wood. Sellindge: application for grant. Milton Regis: main drainage. New Church in Canterbury. Land tax, Precincts 15. Supplementary Pension, Dean and Canons. Forrens 3 and other properties. Tomb of Archbishop Courtenay. Precincts 19. Green Court properties. Forrens 3 and Precincts 23. Precincts 6 and Palace Street 29. Precincts 11A and 21. Precincts 18. Appointment of Precentor. Appointment of Sachrist. Brenchley Parsonage key. Postern key. Choir School, day boys. Nave organ. Workmen's outing. S. Thackray. New Statutes and Honorary Canons. J. Meikle. Seasalter. Silver Lamp, Holy Innocents. Property owners' liability insurance. Accounts. Mr. Harmer. Red Ensign. Palace Street 52. French Church.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 12th November 1937. The following items were discussed - Library gutters. French Church. All Saints, Maidstone - chancel. Halford Bequest accounts. King's scholars speeches; and portraity of Henry VIII. Palace Street 52. Precincts 21. Cathedral flowers. Palace Street 29. Vergers and celebration of Holy Communion. Cathedral alms fund. New statutes. Choir School. Marked "File" and signed by Hewlett Johnson.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 6th December 1937. The following items were discussed - Special Collections. Precentor's Report - time of Evenson; Choir School and Halford Bequest; hymn books; celebrations; calendar of intercessions; the introduction and State Prayers at the Offices. Sacrist's report - flower room; vestments; servers. All Saint's Chapel.