Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(2)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Stained Glass(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Warriors' Chapel,Ypres Memorial(1)
- Casaubon, (Florence Estienne) Meric, Mr., 1599-1671 (scholar and divine)--Portrait(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- Hungary- History- Revolution, 1956(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Travels--Canada--1935(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Writings--"China's New Creative Age"(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Writings--"Eastern Europe in the Socialist World"(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- Spain--History--Civil War, 1936-1939(1)
- Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939--Basque country(1)
- image unavailable
Minutes of the December Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 18th December 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and of the 6th December Special Meeting. Exning. Font railings. Precincts 14. Plain services. Stone to Gracechurch-on-the-Hill, Toronto. Portrait of Meric Casaubon. All Saints' Chapel and St. John's Chapel. Minutes of the Estates Committee. King's School - paving of court. Precincts 6. Expiration of period of probation - Mr. Charles. Confirmation of Mr. Knight's appointment as organist. Services at High Altar and Sedilia. Meister Omers - fresco. Applications for use of the Cathedral. King's School commutation. British Record Association. Cloister, west alley. North Choir gate paving. Archdeacon Hardcastle.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 17th June, 1938. The following items were discussed - Choir School - Laundry account; Account for fees; Day-boys and Sunday breakfasts; Mrs Peakes Wood and arrears of fees; Inspection of Choir School by Board of Education; Erection of bell; Choir School Committee Meeting; [Mr. Charles' resignation]; Mr. Charles' furniture and fittings. Increase of Rent and Mortgage Restrictions Act, 1938. Mint Yard Gate Key. King's School - interest of monies advanced by the Chapter. Meister Omers Wall. Tenterden Vicarage. Shield of Stephen Langton. Expenses of Special Services. Tablets of Saravia and Colfe. Chapter investments. Precentor's and Sacrist's accounts. Sun Street 17. Mrs. Ferguson. Precincts 11B. Gatekeeper. Workmen's outing. Plumber apprentice. Auditing of Chapter books. Burgate 34B. Office typewriters. Mr. Charles' wedding fees. One-way traffic. Precincts 17. Hales Memorial.
Minutes of the October Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th October, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the September Chapter meeting. Chorister Killin. Nave screen. Precincts 18. Palace Street 56. Sun Street 17. Burgate 19. Burgate 21A. Roadway on North Side of Green Court. Nomination of candidates fpr Parker Exhibition. Vice-Dean and his deputy. Permission for boys to visit Bell Harry Tower. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. Cathedral keys - Miss Mills. Cathedral glass - old borders in Clerestory. Land st Seasalter. Choir School boiler insurance. Time of week-day evensong. Advent addresses. Canterbury Lectionary. Cathedral organ. New music. Vestry clock. Vergers' gowns. Alternative order of Holy Communion. Choristers' procession. Date of the St. Catherine's Audit, 1938. Mr. Barker, the agent, was absent owing to ill health.
- image unavailable
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.
Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and Chapter, 1939, held on Saturday, 25th, and continued on Monday, 27th, and Tuesday, 28th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the Weekly meeting of November 24th - Sunday Evensong; Services; Friends' Council Meeting; King's School. Distribution of Audit alms. Appointment of Reveiver [A. Sargent appointed]. Appointment of Treasurer [Canon Macnutt reappointed]. Cathedral Alms Fund. Librarian's report. Key audit. Sacrist's report. Appointment of Sacrist [Mr. Poole reappointed]. Precentor's report. Appointment pf Precentor [Mr. Poole reappointed]. Preachers' list. Music. Dr. Shirley was absent from Canterbury.
- image unavailable