Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Sermons(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- Lambeth Conference(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 14th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - South door. Cathedral plans. Christ Church Gate. Annual accounts. Halford bequest. Choir School. Chapter office - duplicator; Staff. Friends' Festival. Westcliffe Chancel. Ait raid precautions. District Nursing Association. Palalce Street 44. New Statutes.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 7th July, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Report of Sir Charles Peers; Burgate 32; New Statutes, date of Special Meeting. Palalce Street 44. Meister Omers window. Dormitory ruins. Mr. Todd, outstanding account. Choir School - Mrs. Graves; Amended plan and estimate for dormitory and bathroom. Bell Harry tower. Milton Regis Chancel. Precincts paths and roads. Lighting of the Choir. Friends' Festival accounts.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 21st July, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Trees. Dr. Emery Barnes. Louspeakers. Lambeth Conference. Festival accounts. Burgate 10B. Burgate 34B. New Statutes. Burgate 23. Use and Ceremonial. List of Preachers. Choir School - Mrs Crossley. Patronage of Hinxhill with Brook. Chois lighting. Mr. Thackray. Mr. Poole's holiday. Precincts 11E. King's School Appeal.