Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Forrens 4(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Cathedrals Measure, 1931(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th March, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting - Precincts 29; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A - Mr. Chissell; Undercroft of Howley Library; Christ Church Gateway; Vergers' gowns. Pigeons. Salary of Organist. Salary of Precentor. F. J. Millen. Halford Bequest. Burgate 11/12. Burgate 21C. Palalce Street 44. Rev. G. W. Lampe. Meister Omers. Living of Deopham. Q.A.B. (Powers) Measure, 1937. East Horsley, sale of [Cromwellian] flagons. New Statutes. New Music. Cathedral key and postern keys. Hammond organ wiring. Office duplicator. Letter of thanks from Miss Poole.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 12th November 1937. The following items were discussed - Library gutters. French Church. All Saints, Maidstone - chancel. Halford Bequest accounts. King's scholars speeches; and portraity of Henry VIII. Palace Street 52. Precincts 21. Cathedral flowers. Palace Street 29. Vergers and celebration of Holy Communion. Cathedral alms fund. New statutes. Choir School. Marked "File" and signed by Hewlett Johnson.