Wind and watermill collections
Special Collections hold four collections of mill material:
- Muggeridge Collections: William B Muggeridge's photographs of English windmills and Donald Muggeridge's photographs of mills all over Europe and the United States, as well as images of churches and other rural subjects.
- CP Davies Collection: a unique archive of press cuttings, photographs and manuscript notes on mills in Europe and the UK, with particular emphasis on mills in Kent and Sussex. This collection is not yet catalogued, but you can browse lists of material related to mills in Kent, Sussex, other English counties, and the British Isles.
- John Holman Collection of Mill Memorabilia: donated by John Holman, of the Holman milling family, this collection consists of photographs, letters, postcards, cuttings and notebooks.
- Millennium Collection of Kent Mill Photographs: taken by Don Filmer in 2000, and donated by the East Kent Mills Group on their disbandment.
External mill websites and collections
- Crabble Watermill, near Dover
- E. Mitford Abraham Windmills and Watermill Collection, John Rylands University Library, University of Manchester
- The International Molinological Society
- The Mills Archive
- UK Mills: a site devoted to all forms of Wind and Water powered machinery in the UK