LibrarySearch is the best starting place to search for journals:
- it includes all of our print and most of our e-journals
- you can also search it for topics and article keywords
Journal title search and browse
This lets you go straight to a particular journal and search or browse our subscribed content within it.
|Search for journal titles|
|Search for the title of a journal, newspaper or magazine|
- Not all of our print journals are included here - use LibrarySearch to find them
- To search for keywords from articles or abstracts, or for author names, use LibrarySearch
- If you are looking for a specific article and have the full reference you can also use Citation search
|Browse journal titles|
|Browse journals by subject|
Alphabetic list of journal titles:
A-Z of e-resources
Not all of our e-journal collections (also known as journal hosts) or databases are included in LibrarySearch or the journal title search.
They are all listed on the A-Z of e-resouces, which shows if the resource is included in LibrarySearch. Follow the link in the A-Z and you will usually be able to cross search all the journals included in the collection or database.
Many databases and e-journal collections are key resources for finding articles in a particular subject. Check the "Finding articles" page in your subject guide to see the best resources for you.
Titles in JSTOR are archives of each journal from its first issue, but they don't include recent issues. They have 'moving walls' which delay the availability of the full text for 1-5 years after publication.
Check LibrarySearch for articles that are too recent for JSTOR's moving wall.
Help with journal title abbreviations
These websites help you find full journal titles from title abbreviations. Stronger in some subjects than others.
- All that JAS (Journal Abbreviation Sources): a selection of sites containing journal title abbreviations
- Biological Journal Abbreviations: includes Medical journals
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations: search engine and index of abbreviations of legal publications from over 295 jurisdictions
- ISI Journal Title Abbreviations List: abbreviations as used in the ISI Web of Knowledge databases, and other ISI products (such as Journal Citation Reports (JCR))
- Mathematics Journal Abbreviations: abbreviations specific to maths journals
- Pubmed Journals Database: enter keywords or the Medline abbreviation of the journal for full details of its title