Can't find what you want?
I'm getting too many, or too few results
Too many results: use the filters on the right to narrow your results, or change from 'Search everything' to a more specific search scope.
Too few results: use fewer or less specific search keywords. LibrarySearch assumes you are searching for items with all the keywords you type in.
I want to find a specific item in the Library
- Enter keywords - eg 'austen prejudice' and set the drop down to 'University of Kent'. Simple keywords work best.
- Select options on the right hand side of the screen to narrow down your search, eg Books, Audio Visual, etc
- For an online resource (eg journal article, e-book) click View Online; for a book or DVD, click Find it to see the classmark
I want to find a specific journal
Enter the journal title in the search box. If you get too many results, choose the 'Resource type' filter on the right and click Journals (you may have to click More options first).
Or use 'Advanced Search' and set 'Material Type' to 'Journals'.
Where's the item on the shelf?
If the item is in the Templeman Library Main Collection, use the classmarks guide to check where it is in the Library.
The item I need isn't available at Kent
If you've checked LibrarySearch and the item you need isn't held at Kent and not available as an e-resource, you may be able to order it through document delivery.
Still can't find what you need?
- use the online chat tool (top right)
- visit the IT & Library Support Desk on Floor 1 West of the Templeman Library
- email email@example.com giving as much detail as you can