Building access and safety
The nearest car park to the Library is the Central Visitor car park next to the Gulbenkian Theatre. It's number 6 on this map (pdf).
If you’ve got a blue badge, you can use accessible parking bays in all car parks on campus. Apply for a free Accessible Bay Permit from the Estates Department if you frequently park on campus:
Get to know the Library
We can help you find books, and help you get to know safety issues like evacuation routes. Please speak to any member of staff.
Getting into the Templeman Library
All entrances to the Templeman Library have step-free access. To open the doors, use the push plate or scan your KentOne card on the reader.
Lifts in the Library
- The two lifts in C Block and the lift in D Block go to all floors.
- The lift in A Block goes between Floors 1, 2 and 3.
- There are platform lifts:
- in C Block, between the Ground Floor (Main Entrance and Welcome Desk) and the Lower Ground Floor (Library Road Entrance).
- in A Block, Ground Floor, between the upper and lower levels.
- Library map showing lift locations.
Access guide by Disabled Go
If you have a specific need when visiting the Library please tell us.
If you have a long-term medical condition, contact Student Support and Wellbeing to see how they can help you:
Find out where the nearest evacuation route is from where you are working.
If you hear the fire alarm
- fire exit doors will open automatically
- push pad automated doors will work as normal
- don’t use the lifts.
For help with getting out of the building, go to a Refuge Point (near the lift on all floors). Use the intercom to contact Campus Security, who will come to help
Exit plan for emergencies
We can develop a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan for you. Contact Michelle at the Safety Health and Environment Unit: