VALUE programme (Stage 1 students)
What is VALUE?
The VALUE programme is a partnership initiative between students, participating academic schools (at both the Canterbury and Medway campuses) and the Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS) in the Unit for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (UELT). VALUE is designed to help Stage 1 Students make the best of their time at University.
The programme will develop participants' academic knowledge and understanding, key skills and learning strategies through a range of activities. The Programme is suitable for students of all ages, backgrounds and academic disciplines in participating schools.
Short presentations about VALUE:
Who is involved in the programme?
Stage 1 students in participating schools can take part. If your school/department has not signed up, please contact us and we may be able to help.
The following Schools are particpating in VALUE 2017-2018:
- Anthropology and Conservation
- SSPSSR (Medway only)
How does the programme help?
VALUE will provide assistance to students with:
- Preparation for Stage I exams
- Dealing with exam results
- Successful transition from Stage I to Stage II
What's on offer?
- Small-group teaching in relevant Academic Subjects
- Creative Team Activities
- Revision Strategies and Exam Techniques
- Study Strategies for Stage II
- European Computer Driving Licence