- The Crown
- Constitutional Reform
- The royal prerogative
- Oversight issues relating to the intelligence and security services
- Decision making and its relation to law.
Major research project
Comparative study of parliamentary oversight of the intelligence and security services.
Some examples of Sebastian's media appearances are here.
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
Teaching and Supervision
Sebastian teaches Public Law 1 & 2 to undergraduate students.
- The Crown.
- Constitutional Reform in relation to the United Kingdom
Other Academic Activities
- Legal Editor of 'Documents on British Foreign and Security Policy'.
- Barrister, Inner Temple.
- Joint chair of the UK Constitutional Law Group (the national section of The International Association of Constitutional Law).
- Associate Fellow of the Royal United Services Institute, Whitehall.
- Director of English-Italian Law programme.
- Director of English-Spanish Law programme.
Appearances in front of the following Select Committees:
- House of Commons Political and Constitutional Reform Committee, 17th October 2013. Parliament's role in conflict decisions: an update
- House of Commons Political and Constitutional Reform Committee, 31st March 2011. Parliament's role in conflict decisions. 8th Report of Session 2010-12. HC 923
- Joint Committee on the Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill. 21st May 2008. Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill. Report of Session 2007-08. HL Papers 166. HC Papers 551.
- House of Lords Select Committee on the Constitution, 7th December 2005. Waging war: Parliament's role and responsibility. 15th Report of Session 2005-06 HL Papers 236.