Visiting scholars policy
The Kent Centre for Law, Gender and Sexuality (KCLGS) welcomes applications from scholars wishing to visit KCLGS for two to four weeks during the UK academic year (with applications for longer visits also considered). Applicants should have an established record in critical, interdisciplinary, theoretically engaged and policy relevant research relating to law, gender, sexuality and governance (broadly defined) and should be pursuing a specific research project while at KCLGS. Visitors are expected to play an active role in KCLGS during the period of their appointment.
What we offer Visiting Scholars:
- Office space
- Computer with internet and email access
- Local telephone line
- Library access
- Reasonable access to fax and photocopying
- In certain circumstances, assistance with travel/relocation.
What we expect from Visiting Scholars:
- One seminar to KCLGS members
- If possible within the current teaching programme, one guest lecture to undergraduates and postgraduates in relevant module
- Active participation in KCLGS events, including staff seminars.
Method of application
Applications should be sent to Kent Law School's Research Support Team (KLSResearch@kent.ac.uk) and should include:
- A full CV
- A short explanation of: the reasons for the proposed visit, the research project being pursued and why KCLGS is the appropriate place to pursue it, and the length of visit proposed
- Copies of relevant publications
- If financial assistance is being sought, a statement explaining why support from the applicant’s own institution or other external funders for this visit is not available
For visitors from January - June 2018, please submit your application by June 1st 2017 . For visitors September - December 2018, please submit your application by March 1st 2018. We may still accept applications after the above deadlines, but can only do so subject to available office space.