Staff Managed Desktop service
If you're buying new PCs for the University:
- you can benefit from these discounted prices from our supplier
- let us set up and maintain your PC by using the Staff Managed Desktop service (see below).
Apply for a Staff Managed Desktop
- Apply for a Staff Managed Desktop PC for a single PC
- Want more than one? Ask us for more than one Staff Managed Desktop
What the Staff Managed Desktop service includes:
- Windows 10 (64 bit) and Office 2016
- a range of corporate and teaching software (excel file)
- support and automatic updates for software and the operating system
- security restrictions for general downloading.
Costs for the initial build
£25 per hour. It could take longer than 1 hour:
- to reduce costs, transfer any data yourself to a networked file store, external drive or USB memory sticks.
- to build and transfer data and settings from an older Staff Managed Desktop often takes 2-3 hours (depending on amount of data).
- if you need us to connect a printer or scanner, allow for 1 hour.
- rebuilds of non-standard PCs can take a few hours.
Ongoing maintenance costs
- Annual maintenance fee: £20.
- Hardware maintenance fee: £47.50 - only needed when the manufacturer's warranty has run out.
We can't offer hardware maintenance for PCs older than 5 years from the start of the maintenance period (1 August each year).
Using a Staff Managed Desktop
Departmental student PCs
IS can maintain your student PCs for a small annual charge. A tailored software build can be created based on the disk image from the Student PC service.
Contact us for more details.