The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Scanning and copying
Scanning as an image or PDF
All photocopiers in the Library can scan as well as copy. Follow the instructions next to the copier. Copies are emailed to you in PDF for TIF format.
Dedicated scanners for high quality
On Level 2 Centre in the Library there are dedicated scanning PCs, offering much more choice over the quality and format of the output. A guide to using them is next to the PCs.
Scanning to editable text (basic OCR)
You can perform basic editable text scans using the dedicated scanners on Level 2 Centre in the Library. Instructions for their use are next to the PCs.
- the Text (OCR) to RTF file setting creates a file you can open and edit in Word
- the Document to Wordpad setting creates a file you can open and edit in Wordpad
Find photocopiers on all floors in the Library. Some of them print, copy and scan. Instructions for use are near each machine. Photocopying for visitors
You need to buy print credits (1 credit = 1 pence) to pay for photocopying. Prices and payments are the same for photocopying and printing.
Cost of copies (per side):
- A4 black & white - 5 print credits
- A4 colour - 20 print credits
- A3 black & white - 10 print credits
- A3 colour - 40 print credits
Photocopying at the Tonbridge Centre Library costs 5p per A4 side, 10p per A3 side. Ask staff if you need help.
Staff and tutors have priority when using the photocopier.