This page is re-directing to www.kent.ac.uk/itservices/print
Scanning is free. You need to buy print credits to use student copiers and printers.
- Buy print credits online: students have a 2 print credit overdraft.
- Check my balance: log in to see how much credit you have left.
Costs per side:
- Black and white: A4 = 5p (5 credits),A3 =10p (10 credits)
- Colour: A4 = 20p (20 credits),A3 = 40p (40 credits)
Pay at a credit machines on campus
Print credit machines in Canterbury are in the Templeman Library and Oaks Study Hub, and in Medway in the Drill Hall Library, Medway building and Gillingham building.
The minimum payment is 1, you can use notes but only some accept 2 coins. They dont give change.
If you have problems using the machine:
- hold your KentOne card next to the reader for a few seconds for it to register
- did you register your card at a photocopier before using a credit machine? This may be required (although most students are pre-registered).
Why do we have to pay for printing?
The University does not profit from printing charges, the charges cover the costs of the service only.
In the past printing was provided free, but it was felt that students were printing more than is necessary and not considering the environmental impact which is the main reason that the charges came in.
Academic schools have the option to provide an allocation of print credits free to their students, and many do. The University made the decision to enable schools to decide whether they wanted to provide this to their students, rather than it be decided centrally.
FAQs about the online payments system: