Print from your laptop
You can print PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint files using Web Print. It works best on a laptop but might work on a tablet if you know how to find your document.
Most campus printers are available. For
Templeman Library printers choose the A4, A3 or colour options:
- visit printing.kent.ac.uk and log in with your Kent username (eg abc1)
- click Web Print in the left-hand menu and follow the instructions.
Will you use that printer a lot?
Adding a printer to your laptop will make it readily available any time you press Print from a document. It's worth setting this up if you'll use student printers frequently. Unfortunately not all Macs are compatible
Add a printer to a Windows laptop
- click Start then search for the server name in this format:
- if you don't find what you need, try these alternatives:
- A list of printers pops up. Double-click on the printer you need from the list.
This will add it for you and make it available whenever you want to print.
If asked for your username, use this format:
- for example, if your username is
abc1 you would enter ukc\abc1