Junk email (spam)
Your Junk email folder
You should check your Junk email folder daily for legitimate messages. It has mail that our systems suspect to be fraudulent. Items are deleted after 30 days.
Manage your Junk mail settings in OWA
- Click the Settings icon (top right of the screen), then Options.
- Click block or allow in the left menu
- Make sure Automatically filter junk e-mail is selected (on the Junk E-Mail Settings page).
- To always get mail into your Inbox from a specific sender, type their email address under Safe Senders and Recipients. Click the + icon.
- To always block email from a sender, type their email address as a Blocked Sender. Click the + icon.
- Click Save.
Manage your Junk mail settings in Outlook
- On the Home tab, click Junk.
- Click Junk E-mail Options...
- Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
- Click Add.
- Type the email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) or website address (eg, http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/) into the box labelled Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list. Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each item that you want to add.
To add your stored Contacts as safe senders, select Also trust e-mail from my Contacts on the Safe Senders tab.