Junk email (spam)
Dealing with spam
The Junk E-Mail folder in the left menu of OWA and Outlook contains messages suspected to be unsolicited or fraudulent
(spam). Items in there are deleted after 30 days. You should check it regularly for legitimate messages.
- You can change the Kent Spam Filter settings for your email account.
- In Outlook and OWA, you can make sure mail from specific people is never or always marked as spam. This should be used with caution as emails can be faked to appear to be from a legitimate sender.
Junk mail settings in OWA 2010
- Click the Options label at the top right of the screen and choose See All Options..
- On the Options page, click Block or Allow in the Navigation Pane.
- On the Junk E-Mail Settings page, make sure that Automatically filter junk e-mail is selected.
- To always allow email from a specific address, type it into the box under Safe Senders and Recipients, then click the (green +) icon.
- To always block email from a specific address, type it into the box under Blocked Senders, then click the (green +) icon.
- Click the Save label at the bottom right of the screen.
Junk mail settings in Outlook
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click Junk E-mail.
- Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter the email address (for example, email@example.com) or website address (eg, http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/) into the box labelled Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each item that you want to add.
To add your stored Contacts as safe senders, select Also trust e-mail from my Contacts on the Safe Senders tab.