Internet and WiFi in your bedroom
How to get online in your room in Canterbury, using a WiFi or a wired connection.
Before you arrive on campus
- You should get Kent WiFi-ready from home
- If you're bringing a printer, you'll need a USB cable to connect it to your laptop/PC
- What you need to bring with you - including a network/ethernet cable!
Get your PC/laptop online
- make sure you meet these security requirements: what to bring to campus
- connect your PC or laptop to the wall socket using a network/ethernet cable (if you didn't bring one, you can borrow one from the Library)
- from a web browser go to this Registration page: http://campman.kent.ac.uk/registration and follow the process on screen:
* Cable missing? Problem with your wall socket? Cable doesn't fit into your laptop? Any connection problems, contact IT & Library Support Desk.
Get your mobile/tablet online
Coverage and speed
For the best speed use your red cable (wired connection). Campus WiFi should be faster than home broadband - if you don't think it is read these WiFi speed tips.
Don't use a wireless router. Report a poor signal so that we can fix it: routers can cause network issues for everyone. We'll disconnect your room if you use one.
Printers, TV or games consoles
Your printer, TV or games console can't use Kent WiFi so here's what to do:
- printer: connect it to your laptop or PC with a USB cable. You can ask for a spare cable at the IT and Library Support Desk
- TV: ask us to register your TV so it can use the wired network
- games console: how to get your games console online
More about the Study Bedroom Service