IT Accounts for visitors
If you're staying on the Canterbury campus you can ask for a Kent IT Account at your accommodation reception.
Apply for an IT Account for someone else
Under 18s can either use the public Wi-Fi service WiFi Guest, which isn't age restricted and anyone can use it without an IT Account, or you can apply for a Kent IT Account for them:
Apply for an Account for under 16s
To apply, you need to be 18 or over:
An adult needs to apply for the Account(s) on behalf of each child.
The adult agrees to take responsibility for Account activity, making sure University IT regulations are adhered to.
How to apply:
- get an application form from your accommodation reception and bring it to the Templeman Library Welcome Desk, or
- apply directly at the Library Welcome Desk. The children don't need to be present.
Apply for an Account for 16 and 17 year olds
How to apply:
- get an application form from your accommodation reception
- the adult supervisor and each young person need to sign it, agreeing to abide by University IT regulations
- the adult then needs to take completed forms to the Templeman Library Welcome Desk.
You can also apply directly at the Library Welcome Desk.
What a Kent IT Account gives you access to
* If you already use eduroam at another University, you won't need a Kent IT Account as your local details should work.
Help with your Account
What you can use without an IT Account