Staff: about your Kent IT Account
It gives you access to services such as email, network filestores, staff PCs and printers, software, campus Wi-Fi, Library online resources and more.
Need to change your password or having login issues? Manage your Account.
Getting your new staff IT Account
You'll get an email to let you know when you can activate your IT Account. It contains your employee number which you need to activate the account.
- Try to activate your account before you arrive for your first day.
- If you haven't had the email and your start date is less than a week away, please let your line manager know.
Line managers: getting an IT Account for new staff
Most new staff accounts are generated the HR new starter process. Your new starter will get an email as described above.
- Find your new starter's employee number: go to Staff Connect and run the Future starters report.
- Find their username and email - you need their employee number to do this.
- Email email@example.com if you need to request access to see the reports.
If you apply for resource access for them, note that they can use their account up to 7 days before their contract starts.
IT services for staff