International Recruitment directorate
Managed by Joanne Ganderton-Smith, the International Recruitment directorate is responsible for the recruitment of international-fee paying students and plays a pivotal role in positioning, realising and supporting the University's global impact and strategic aims.
Based in the Registry extension at the Canterbury campus, the directorate:
- Recruits high-quality international-fee paying students through a range of activity including attendance at overseas events and online marketing campaigns
- Manages and trains the University’s official overseas representatives around the world, ensuring they are able to effectively counsel prospective students and are aware of relevant UK legislation
- Supports and advises the University’s academic schools with their own international recruitment trips and marketing activity
- Works closely with Enrolment Management Services (EMS), the Graduate School and other central departments to best co-ordinate the University’s strategic recruitment and marketing activity to ensure coherence, quality and value for money
- Maintains links with international alumni through events and visits to their home countries
- Provides support to international students throughout the process of enquiry, application and enrolment
- Works with international schools both in the UK and overseas.