International Student

Entering the UK

When you enter the UK you will pass through immigration control. To ensure this is quick and easy as possible for you, please make sure you have all the correct documentation and read through the Border Force advice and guidance.

Entering the UK - Document Checklist

  • Your passport and visa (if contained within your passport)
  • Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)
  • Letter from the Home Office confirming the grant of your visa, ie. decision letter (if you are given a travel visa valid for 30 days)
  • Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) – print out a copy from the student portal
  • Your offer letter from the University of Kent (print-out or hard copy of your offer letter)
  • Evidence you have sufficient funds available to support yourself (eg. Bank statements, sponsor letter)
  • Information about where you are going to stay (if available)
  • Evidence of TB certificate (if required)
  • Police registration certificate (if this was required for previous study in the UK)
  • Documents used to support your visa application as mentioned in your CAS, i.e., original degree certificate/transcripts or ATAS certificate



International Development - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 29/07/2016