Pre-Master's programme for international students
Our Pre-Master's in Business, Management and Finance enables you to gain a Graduate Diploma (GDip) and qualify for entry onto a selection of postgraduate business degree programmes in the following academic year.
It offers you the opportunity to develop your independent study and research skills through a combination of subject-specific modules at Kent Business School. In addition, you will have the opportunity to improve your English language proficiency with our English and academic skills modules.
- Pre-master's GDip
- What We Offer
- Programme Structure
- Why Choose Us?
- Entry Requirements
- Fees and Scholarships
Kent's Pre-Master's in Business, Management and Finance provides international students with a route to postgraduate study in a range of degrees at Kent Business School. The programme focuses on developing your academic subject knowledge for postgraduate study while improving your academic skills and English language proficiency.
On successful completion and through meeting the University's rules of progression, the Pre-Master's guarantees entry onto a range of postgraduate degrees at Kent Business School. Our excellent facilities and high-quality student support will help you to get the very best out of your studies.
What We Offer
Our Pre-Master's offers:
- A one-year programme that will help you to gain
entry onto postgraduate business degree courses at the
University of Kent and other universities
- The opportunity to raise your subject knowledge
to undergraduate level and to prepare for
- The chance to develop your English language
and academic skills so that you are ready for
- The chance to live and study on a university campus
- Pathways and progression routes leading to a selection of taught Master's business programmes at the University of Kent
Our Pre-Master's includes a combination of subject-specific modules and a module in English for Specific Academic Purposes. The programme is jointly delivered by Kent Business School (KBS) and Kent International Pathways in the Centre for English and World Languages (CEWL). The structure has been uniquely designed in order to prepare you for postgraduate study in your chosen field.
To register your interest or to request further information, please contact usback to top
Why choose a Pre-Master's at Kent?
- an internationally recognised course with high quality teaching in all areas
- Kent is part of the University Pathway Alliance (UPA), which prioritises excellence in academic provision and the support of students
- taught on the Canterbury campus, situated close to London and Europe
- a welcoming international campus environment with on campus accommodation offered to all new International Pathway students
- access to Kent’s extensive study support, welfare, computing, sports and leisure facilities and a wide choice of clubs and societies
- A specialliy designed Personal Development Planning programme to help you manage your learning, succeed academically, think about work experience and plan your career
- a structured programme of personal and academic support, including an Academic Adviser who can advise you on your academic decisions throughout the year
- An opportunity to gain experience of your intended postgraduate degree programme by attending additional skills-based sessions
- an active social programme to help you become familiar with the University and the local environment, including a special Welcome Week in September with a ‘meet and greet’ at the airport, a welcome dinner, and trips to local attractions
- the opportunity to study languages other than English through our Language Express
- The opportunity to take a Study Plus course for no extra fee
back to top
To gain entry on to the Pre-Master's, you need the following:
- Equivalent of an honours degree from a UK or other approved university in a related subject, or an equivalent professional qualification. Consideration will be given to applicants holding equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- English Language requirement for the Pre-Master's in Business, Management and Finance is IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each section.
Fees and Scholarships
We offer three £4,000 tuition fee scholarships for our September-start International Foundation Programme and Pre-Master’s (Graduate Diploma) programme and two £4,000 tuition fee scholarships for our February-start International Foundation Programme.
You must have accepted a conditional offer of a place on our Pre-Master's (GDip) programme via your application portal.
The scholarship application closing dates are as follows:
Pre-Master's (GDip) 31 August at midnight
How to apply
Apply for a place on the Pre-Master's (GDip) programme.
Once you have accepted your offer, please submit an essay to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the following question:
Why have you chosen your selected pathway programme; why have you applied to the University of Kent; and how do you see your pathway programme and subsequent degree at Kent preparing you for your life after graduation?
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates. We expect to inform candidates whether or not they have been successful by mid-September prior to the academic year of entry.
For further details of these scholarships and information about pathway opportunities please contact email@example.com
Fees for our Pre-Master's for 2016-17 are £9,000 for EU students and £12,750 for international students.
*Please note that fees displayed may be subject to change and amendment.
The Government has announced changes to allow undergraduate tuition fees to rise in line with inflation from 2017/18.
The University of Kent is currently considering whether to increase its regulated full-time tuition fees for all returning Home and EU undergraduates from £9,000 to £9,250 in September 2017. This would be subject to us satisfying the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework and the access regulator's requirements.
For students continuing on this programme fees will increase year on year by no more than RPI + 3% in each academic year of study except where regulated. If you are uncertain about your fee status please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to top