How to apply for the International Foundation Programme (IFP)
COVID-19 update: our September-start IFP 2020-2021 will run online and our aim is to also offer the programme in-person. Highlights below, details on our Online IFP page; you can also join one of our information sessions for more details:
- The in-person September 2020 IFP will run only if it safe to do so and fits within UK government guidelines.The online and in-person September 2020 IFP will follow the same term dates outlined below.
- Students will have the following four options available to them:
- Complete the whole course in person,
- Complete the whole course online,
- Complete term 01 online September to December 2020 and then join the in-person delivery in January 2021,
- Opt to join the February-start IFP instead.
- The online course will cover the same modules and learning outcomes and lead to all available degree programmes except those requiring the BI308 Skills for Bioscientist module (Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences) as the practical lab-based element will not be delivered online.
- Students will be full University of Kent students, with the full range of induction and support events available to them, and access to all virtual learning and support resources and services.
- If you are applying to join the September 2020 IFP please clearly indicate whether this is for online or in-person delivery in the 'Reasons for Study' (personal statement) section of your application.
|You will first need to decide which undergraduate degree programme you would like to progress to as this will dictate which IFP course you will study. The majority of the subject areas available at the University of Kent are listed below. Click on the relevant subject area and this will direct you to the correct application link.|
|Complete our online application. You will need to provide a copy of your most recent school transcript, a personal statement and proof of your English language level if required. For more information, please visit our Entry Requirements webpage.|
|When we receive your documents, our Admissions team will assess your application. Please keep checking your application portal in case we need any additional information from you. If you are under 18 years of age, we may ask you to take part in a Skype interview to find out more about you and your academic background.|
|If our Admissions team feel that your application meets our requirements, you will be made a conditional offer. Once you have a conditional offer you will be able to apply for accommodation on campus.|
|Once you have met the conditions associated with your conditional offer, we will make your offer unconditional which you will need to accept via your application portal.|
Social Sciences IFP
This course provides the preparation needed to progress to a wide range of degree programmes in the Faculty of Social Sciences including:
If you have any questions about your application, or if you would like help applying, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.