Santander Universities Growth Accelerator
In collaboration with Santander Universities and the Universities of East Anglia, Cambridge & Essex, we have designed and are delivering the Santander Universities Growth Accelerator (SUGA). It will bring together a collaborative and diverse set of entrepreneurs, educators, academics and professionals from the region.
This programme is for start-ups which are ambitious to scale and grow their venture. Each university will be selecting three ventures to join SUGA.
Who we are looking for?
The SUGA programme is aimed at businesses which are early-stage but ambitious to grow. You can be a single founder or already have a small team. There will be up to three spaces for founders and senior management on SUGA allocated per venture.
There is no specific sector which we are focused on, but applicants must have a connection to the University of Kent – please read the Terms and Conditions for further details.
What you can expect?
SUGA is a programme which has been designed to provide training to ambitious entrepreneurs. It will provide an overview of the major challenges start-ups face and deeper dives into specific topics relevant to high-growth start-ups. Topics will include:
- Legal and IP
Santander will be playing an active role in supporting these days of training, including being involved in 1-2-1 sessions with the ventures.
There will be 12 ventures taking part in SUGA which will provide entrepreneurs the chance to meet and network with similarly ambitious people from other universities.
Each venture accepted onto the programme will receive a £3,000 grant. This is to be used to further develop the venture and cover the travel costs related to taking part in SUGA.Application Dates:
- Open for applications: 17:00 on 8th February 2019
- Submission Deadline: 23:59 on 31st March 2019
- Places offered: 5th April 2019
- Deadline to accept place: 11th April 2019
When and where will SUGA takes place?
Participants will be expected to attend every event held for SUGA. The schedule for the programme is:
- 27 and 28 April, Cambridge Judge Business School - Led by Cambridge
- 05 June, Santander HQ in Triton Square, London - Led by UEA
- 03 July, Santander HQ in Triton Square, London - Led by Kent
- 17 July, TBC (Santander HQ in Triton Square, London OR Essex University) - Led by Essex
- 13 September TBC (Santander HQ in Triton Square, London)