EIRA - Micro Finance Grant
Got a great business idea?
Current students and graduates from the last 3 years can now apply for up to £3000 to take their start-up business ideas forward.
Through the EIRA project, this microfinance opportunity supports innovative start-ups in their earliest stages, helping to get ideas developed and tested. Applicants must produce a short video pitch (up to 3 minutes) and submit a written application alongside.
Deadline for Applications: 23:59 on Sunday 30th June 2019.
You will be asked to consider:
- What is your business, its aims and objectives
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- How much EIRA microfinance funding do you need (of the £3,000 maximum)
- What will you use the funding for?
- What do you expect to happen as a result of the funding?
- Why is this important for your business?
- How do you know there is demand for your product/service?
- Who else is involved in your work?
- What other help might you need?
- How will you grow your business further?
Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to pitch to a review panel in the summer. If you’re interested in applying, and for information and support on writing successful applications and creating video pitches, please contact us for an initial discussion.
Applications will be prioritised from businesses which are based in the East of England or where the benefits from the business will be delivered in the East of England. The scheme is not open to Tier 4 students.