Santander Entrepreneurship Awards 2019
How do I enter?
You will need to submit a two-minute video outlining the idea behind the business and how it came about. This will also need to be supported by a completed business model canvas (template issued by Santander) that will provide us with an insight into the inner workings of your idea or business.
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by 23:59 on Wednesday 10th April 2019.
- Submit a two-minute video
- Submit a completed business model canvas
If you would like further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enter, students or graduates must be from the University of Kent, a Santander Universities UK partner university.
- The company must have been set up for no longer than 12 months.
- Funding generated must be no higher than £100,000 (including but not limited to investment, grants, loans, revenue and prizes).
- The company can have a maximum of five employees (please note this does not include founders)
Completing a Business Model Canvas
When completing your business model canvas you’ll work through nine key building blocks. These building blocks cover the four main areas of a business and will help you to create a picture of how your business intends to make money.
We’ll be judging the completed business model canvas based on the information in each of the nine areas of the canvas. Please note that each area of the canvas will be weighted equally.
Creating a two-minute video
In your video we will be looking for:
- a clear explanation of your business, its purpose and an understanding of the problem that it solves for customers
- an understanding of where your business or idea came from (i.e. personal challenge, as a result of studying, a past-time or hobby)
- evidence of how winning the competition would help you grow your business.
Please note that the video and business model canvas will both be worth 50% of the total score for this stage.