Copy of the student consent to processing
As at 10th June 2016, part of registration.
Consent to processing (including sensitive data) Data Protection Act 1998
Click here for information about how we use your data
The University collects information about students for administrative, academic and health and safety reasons. For the University to operate efficiently it needs to process this information. Your consent to process such information is therefore a requirement before we are able to register you as a student.
We are required by the Data Protection Act to obtain your specific consent to use or process the following categories of information (now or in the future):
- Race and Ethnic origin - collected for statistical returns for statutory regulators
- Membership of Students' Union - data is transferred to Kent Union to enable membership which in turn enables a student to join societies, sign up to volunteering and activities, and allows membership of the JobShop.
- Physical or mental health or medical condition (special arrangements in classes and examinations; concessary evidence for examinations/appeals and processing applications for hardship grants; checking suitability and fitness for attendance at the University of Kent)
- Criminal Records (managing and maintaining a safe University environment)
- Religion, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (collected for HESA purposes)
For further details see Information for Students or please contact: Data Protection Officer, Registry, University of Kent firstname.lastname@example.org
I agree to the University of Kent processing personal data contained in this form, or other personal data which the University of Kent may obtain from me or other sources in connection with my application to study at Kent, whilst I am a student. I agree to the processing of such data for any purposes connected with my studies or my health and safety or for any other legitimate reason. In respect of sensitive data, I understand that this form will be used only for the purposes set out in this statement above. My consent is conditional upon the University of Kent complying with its obligations and duties under the Data Protection Act 1998. I have read about and understand how my data will be used. I hereby grant the University of Kent authority to release information relating to my academic status to my funding body.
I have also read and accept my responsibilities in Getting Started at Kent, and I promise to observe the statutes, ordinances and regulations of the University, and to pay due respect and obedience to the Chancellor and other officers of the University.
[ ]Please tick the box to confirm your consent