Staff Connect - Phase 2
In May 2017 the University launched a new integrated HR and Payroll system - Staff Connect. This introduced a new HR and Payroll system, management reports and employee self-service.
Phase 2 of Staff Connect in 2018-19 has introduced further functionality to the system, enabling an automated, single point of entry for many of our HR functions. The aim was to streamline our HR processes and provide employees and managers with a one-stop-shop for most HR-related activity.
As part of these developments, in Staff Connect you can now:
- book onto training provided by Learning & Organisational Development
- build a record of your training
- log that your appraisal / RPD has taken place
- log absence
- request annual leave
- view absences of your peers
If you line manage others, Staff Connect is where you go to:
- authorise training requests from your team
- authorise leave requests from your team
- log appraisals / RPDs
- record absences and upload documents (such as fit notes)
- view reports
- delegate responsibility to others if desired
Phase 2 has also seen the replacement of the staff recruitment system (i-Grasp) with an up to date recruitment website.