Checking a persons documents
Checking a person’s documents to determine if they have the right to carry out the type of work you are offering comprises of three key steps:
1. Obtain the person’s original documents;
2. Check them in the presence of the holder; and
3. Make and retain a clear copy, and make a record of the date of the check
Step 1 - Obtain
- Obtain acceptable documents from List A or List B.
- Accept original documents only.
- An expired passport of a UK national or a national of a European Economic Area country or Switzerland is acceptable.
- Documents held by nationals outside of the EEA or Switzerland must be current.