Staff Immigration

Family members

Your family members (‘dependents’) may be able to come with you when you come to the UK.  Family member visas vary and will depend on the type of visa you obtain to enter and work in the UK. Your family members must have a visa if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A ‘dependent’ is any of the following:

  • your husband, wife or partner
  • your child under 18
  • your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependent

For further information please refer to the visa guidance on the UKVI website. 

The University of Kent is unable to support dependents visas.

Immigration - © University of Kent

The Registry, The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 824998

Last Updated: 13/01/2015

Banner Image: Anne Worner