Staff Immigration

Can I work?

Visa Can I work? Restrictions Further information
Tier 1 Yes Restrictions on working are not usually placed on Tier 1 holders. Tier 1 General
Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Investor
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
Exceptional Talent
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (Cos) Yes Work is restricted to an employer (sponsor) and the post for which the CoS was assigned. Tier 2 (General)
Tier 5 (GAE) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Yes Duration of stay must not exceed 24 months.
Permanent posts are not permitted.
Tier 5 (GAE)
Tier 4 (General) Yes 10 or 20 hours per week during term time, full time during vacation.
Not permitted to hold a full time permanent post.
Tier 4 (General) Student
Family visa Yes You may be able to work Join family in the UK
Visitor visa No In most categories you may not take paid or unpaid employment General Visitor Visa
Other visas Individual visa requirements apply Individual visa requirements apply UK Visas and Immigration


Immigration - © University of Kent

The Registry, The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 824998

Last Updated: 13/01/2015

Banner Image: Anne Worner