Staff Induction and Mandatory Training
The University is committed to ensuring all new staff are provided with the appropriate and relevant information they need to become a valued and effective part of the organisation. In order to help facilitate this there are a number of induction activities which should take place for all staff, detailed below;
- Attendance at a Central Induction event – staff members will be invited to the next available induction event or they can access Staff Connect to book themselves on to scheduled date. Please be aware this event may take place at either Canterbury or Medway campus regardless of normal work location and it is anticipated that staff will travel via campus shuttle to the relevant event location.
- Local induction provided by the relevant school/department, which includes undertaking mandatory training activities as outlined in the staff induction checklist
We provide an induction checklist to guide managers and which is to be used by all staff who are new to the organisation. This checklist can be used flexibly dependant on the type of role being undertaken and clearly outlines mandatory activities to be undertaken by all new staff members.
This checklist can be used flexibly dependant on the type of role being undertaken and clearly outlines mandatory activities to be undertaken by all new staff members.
The full Induction checklist can be found by clicking this link and the information below provides detail on the mandatory training activities all new staff are required to complete within 6 months of joining the organisation.
Safety, Health & Environment
It is essential that new members of staff are introduced to relevant health and safety and environment information as a matter of priority when starting work within the organisation. The following activities should be introduced as part of induction within the first one or two days of employment.
- Review the general Health and Safety Information presentation, including reviewing the final questions to ensure responses are known
- Book onto the next available Safety and Fire Awareness course
- Complete the Awaken DSE self-assessment process using the instructions in the email notification sent to you by Occupational Health or by clicking here
- Complete the environmental sustainability induction using the instructions in the email notification sent to you by AWAKEN or by clicking here.
There is plenty of other useful information related to safety, health environment and wellbeing whilst working at the University of Kent, available on the main Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) webpages, sustainability webpages and the Occupational Health (OH) webpages. These resources include the Staff Wellbeing Zone and Health and Wellbeing website.
We are pleased to be able to offer two further Autumn virtual sessions of our Crucial Conversations workshop for… https://t.co/WVaNkdnjEFPosted 208 days ago
@TheAnimaker how do I change the primary email address on our account if I am leaving the organisation?Posted 223 days agoPosted 228 days ago