Leadership and Management Programmes
The University is committed to delivering a range of leadership and management programmes to provide support and further development for managers and help build leadership skills at all levels across the University. Please see the Leadership and Management Development opportunities available.
Foundations of Management
Foundations of Management is a practical programme to build essential skills in people management practices at Kent.
- To introduce managers to the fundamental principles of management
- To equip managers to be able to confidently manage the employee life-cycle and key management processes at the university
- To increase personal network of contacts to provide peer support
Who Should Attend: Managers and supervisors who work in a role supervising one or more member of staff. This can be colleagues who are new to management or experienced managers who are new to the university.
Type of training: Primarily classroom based facilitated learning involving group work and case studies plus elements of e-learning and pre-reading outside of the workshops.
Length of course: 7 one-day workshops plus a group task feedback event;
- Workshop 1: The Job Starts Here
- Workshop 2: Communicating & Engaging with your team
- Workshop 3: Employment law and university policy
- Workshop 4: Recruitment & Selection, Induction and Probation
- Workshop 5: Developing your team
- Workshop 6: Managing Attendance
- Workshop 7: Managing Performance
- Group task feedback event (2.5 hours)
Participants need to be available to attend all workshops.
Places on Foundations of Management are allocated through a nomination process. To find out more, please contact the Learning and Organisational team at email@example.com
We are pleased to be able to offer two further Autumn virtual sessions of our Crucial Conversations workshop for… https://t.co/WVaNkdnjEFPosted 112 days ago
@TheAnimaker how do I change the primary email address on our account if I am leaving the organisation?Posted 128 days agoPosted 133 days ago