Staff Connect FAQs

Staff Connect is the name given by the University to our new HR and Payroll system.

We have provided answers to frequently asked questions below. There are some additional FAQs on the main Staff Connect pages.

If you cannot find the answer to a question you have please contact:


General FAQ - all staff

I'm a new member of staff. How do I obtain a Kent IT account login?

An email with your Employee ID and a link for claiming your Kent staff IT account will be sent to your personal/non-Kent email account shortly after you have accepted your offer of employment. If you have not received this email within a few days, please check your Spam/Junk email account as well. When you claim your Kent staff IT account a second email will be sent to your personal/non-Kent email account detailing your username and Kent Staff email address, plus a link to set up your password. It is recommended that you complete this process before you start; the process can be completed up to seven days before your start date.

How do I login to Staff Connect?

Enter your usual username and password on the Staff Connect login page.

If you are a new member of staff you will need to activate your new Kent IT account before completing your username and password on the Staff Connect login page (see above).

Can I update my details in Staff Connect?

All staff (using ‘My Details’ menu on your Staff Connect account) can update certain details including: change of address, telephone number, personal email address, equality information and emergency contact details. Any changes to your name need to be verified by HR with the original documentation.

Can I change my bank details in Staff Connect?

No. You will need to complete a Bank Change form.

I have a query on my payslip, who should I contact?

Please contact your line manager in the first instance.

How can I access previous payslips?

From May 2017 you will be able to view/print payslips and P60’s from your Staff Connect account. Your payslips will be visible for three years. Should you leave the University’s employment, please ensure that you save or print any payslips that you may require; you will have online access to these via Staff Connect for 60 days from your leaving date.

Where can I find information about booking Learning and Development training courses?

Answers about booking training courses through Staff Connect can be found on the dedicated FAQ page under the Training tab.

I am booking annual leave. How do I do this?

Annual leave is requested via your Staff Connect account. Your online request is submitted to your line manager for authorisation. You will receive an email to advise you whether your request has been authorised or not. Other information regarding annual leave and Staff Connect can be found on the dedicated FAQ page under the Annual Leave and absence tab.

I want to request special leave. How do I do this?

Discuss your request with your line manager. If approved they will input the leave against your absence record.

I am off sick. How do I record my sickness absence?

Your line manager will input the sickness absence against your absence record. You will need to submit FIT notes to your manager in the normal way to cover absences in excess of 7 continuous days.

Show all


Hide all






Hospitality, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent

Enquiries: +44 (0)1227 823007 or Hospitality

Last Updated: 07/01/2019