Working for Kent Hospitality
Kent Hospitality provides housekeeping, catering, bar and reception services and has a turnover of £40 million. We manage residential accommodation throughout the University’s Canterbury and Medway campuses for over 6,500 students and in vacation periods operate a thriving conference and events business.
Having been continuously recognised as an Investors in People organisation since 1999, Kent Hospitality was awarded IiP Gold status in March 2010. Following reassessment in April 2016, the department has been reaccredited with IiP Gold status and is the first employer in Kent to achieve this.
Our achievements include:
- 'Outstanding University Housing Office' 2019 honourable mention from the Class of 2020
- Four-Five star campus accommodation rating from VisitEngland
- Names ‘Best University Accommodation for Groups’ for eleven consecutive years at the Group Travel Awards (most recently in June 2018)
- CUBO 'Commercial University of the Year 2018'
- Won 'Student Accommodation Team of the Year (Universities)' at the 2017 Property Week Student Accommodation Awards
Such success has only been possible with the commitment of each of our 260 full and part-time employees, all of whom are committed to delivering the best possible customer service with passion, pride and professionalism.
Kent Hospitality’s staff are our greatest asset and the department offers a comprehensive programme of training and development to ensure that each individual’s personal goals and ambitions can be realised.
The senior management team comprises the Executive Manager: Housekeeper, Business Accountant, Head of Trading, Accommodation Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Communications and Marketing Manager all of whom report to the Director of Commercial Services.
It is a great place to work; people are very friendly and the management are approachable