Working for Kent Hospitality
Kent Hospitality provides housekeeping, catering, bar and reception services and has a turnover of £40 million. We manage residential accommodation throughout the University’s Canterbury and Medway campuses for over 6,500 students and in vacation periods operate a thriving conference and events business.
Our achievements include:
- Four-Five star campus accommodation rating from VisitEngland
- Named ‘Best University Accommodation for Groups’ for twelve consecutive years at the Group Travel Awards (most recently in June 2019)
- CUBO 'Commercial University of the Year 2018'
- Named 'Member of the Year' at the 2019 TUCO (The University Caterers Organisation) Awards.
- 'Outstanding University Housing Office' 2019 honourable mention from the Class of 2020
- Won 'Student Accommodation Team of the Year (Universities)' at the 2017 Property Week Student Accommodation Awards
Such success has only been possible with the commitment of each of our 260 full and part-time employees, all of whom are committed to delivering the best possible customer service with passion, pride and professionalism.
Kent Hospitality’s staff are our greatest asset and the department offers a comprehensive programme of training and development to ensure that each individual’s personal goals and ambitions can be realised.
The senior management team comprises the Executive Manager: Housekeeper, Business Accountant, Head of Trading, Head of Accommodation & Customer Services, Human Resources Manager, Communications and Marketing Manager and Conferences Manager all of whom report to the Director of Commercial Services.
It is a great place to work; people are very friendly and the management are approachable