We know that two key areas of concern for 'homeless' students include the level of financial support available and the availability of out of term-time accommodation. The Kent Foyer and 'Homeless' Student Package has been designed with these areas of concern in mind.
With the exception of the guaranteed access to accommodation, the Foyer and 'Homeless' Student Package is delivered in a student's first year only.
What does the Kent Foyer and 'Homeless' Student Pack include?
The Kent Foyer and 'Homeless' Student Pack includes:
- Guaranteed access to accommodation for the duration of your course, including the summer vacation, subject to remaining in good financial standing with the University
- A one-off, £600 cash bursary towards the costs of starting life at University
- A one-off payment of £100 towards graduation costs for students who attend their graduation ceremony
- We may be able to provide provision for travel in advance to attend University interviews. (This must be applied for at least one week in advance).
What is the eligibility criteria?
- You are a new, undergraduate student
- You are a UK home fee paying student
- You are an independent student who was living in a Foyer or was 'homeless' before attending the University of Kent
- You can provide written evidence that you were living in a Foyer or were 'homeless' before attending the University of Kent
How do I apply?
The Homeless Student Application Form for the academic year 2022/23 is now available. All applications must be received by 16 June 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications and queries should be made by email to FinancialAid@kent.ac.uk
If you would like to apply for provision for travel to attend an interview please email your details to FinancialAid@kent.ac.uk at least one week prior to your interview date.
The Kent Foyer Bursary
This bursary, up to a maximum of £1,500, is specifically to help Foyer & 'homeless' students to meet their accommodation costs during the Summer vacation.
Applications for 2022/23 academic year can be submitted from the end of the Spring Term. Applications must be received by 16 June 2023.
What other funding can I apply for?
The Kent Foyer and 'Homeless' Student Pack and The Kent Foyer Bursary are available to students in addition to any other support they may receive from other sources.
Full-time and part-time undergraduate students are able to apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fee loan to cover the costs of study and a maintenance loan for general living costs.
Access to Learning Fund
This fund is available to students throughout their time of study, to provide additional support to help them remain in higher education. Learn more about the Access to Learning Fund.
Kent Financial Support Package
At Kent, we believe that all students who have the academic potential to benefit from our courses should have the opportunity to come to the University and we have established one of the most generous financial support schemes in the UK. Learn more about the Kent Financial Support Package.