We are committed to offering support for all our students, especially students in vulnerable groups. Learn more about our financial support packages for care leavers, young independents, estranged students, homeless/foyer students and student carers.

Care Leavers

A Care Leaver if someone who has been in the care of a UK local authority.

Young Independents

Young Independents are students who are under 20 years old and are in receipt of Universal Credit. 

Estranged Students

An estranged student is someone who is studying without the support or approval of their parents due to a breakdown in relationship.

Homeless/foyer Students

A student who is 'homeless' may have been living in a foyer or without permanent residence.

Student Carers

A student carer is someone who has caring responsibilities for a family member, friend or other individual. 

Last updated