People with ADHD may have difficulties with:
- Being unable to sit still
- Impulsive behaviour
- Organisational and time management skills
- Completing tasks or assignments
- Misplacing or losing possessions
- Feelings of frustration
- Restlessness, sometimes causing sleep difficulties
- Engaging in risk-taking behaviour
- Hyperactivity and impulsivity (less common in adults)
If you are a current student and you feel that you may have ADHD, we recommend that you register with Student Support and Wellbeing.
You will then be offered a one-hour appointment with your SpLD Adviser to discuss your difficulties.
Your adviser may recommend that you see your GP or refer you for a diagnostic assessment.