Specific Learning Difficulties Team support students with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia and ADHD.


Student Support and Wellbeing are here to offer you support during your time at Kent. 

If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), or feel that you experience difficulties, register with Student Support and Wellbeing and make an appointment with your SpLD Adviser (see the SpLD advisers).

Please view this visual guide on How to get Specific Learning Difficulty Support.

What help can I get for Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs)?

  • Support from your SpLD Adviser throughout your course
  • Access to assistive software on campus (Access to specialist software is not limited to campus use.)
  • Study Skills support

Meeting with a study skills tutor once a week helps me work out what I need to do and when I need to do it

2nd year dyslexic student

SpLD evidence, screenings and assessments

We recognise that many students may have been told that they have a specific learning difficulty and had exam arrangements at school or college but have never had a full assessment. In order to access support and exam arrangements at University we can arrange for registered students to have diagnostic assessments.

To access support for SpLDs (Specific Learning Difficulties) at the University of Kent, you will need to provide evidence of diagnosis.

Evidence can include:

  • A full diagnostic report by a Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered psychologist.
  • A full diagnostic report by a Specific Learning Difficulties Assessment Standards Committee (SASC) registered specialist teacher assessor.
  • Medical evidence from a specialist practitioner (for ADHD).

Prospective students:

  • Prospective students may wish to arrange their own full SpLD diagnostic assessment before starting university. 
  • If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Last updated