Who can apply?
The Loyalty Discount applies to Kent graduates who have spent a period of at least 12 months away following their undergraduate degree (non-direct entrants) and are progressing to postgraduate (taught) study.
Students who are direct entrants into postgraduate study from their undergraduate degree may be able to apply for Tomorrow’s World Scholarships.
What is the Loyalty Discount offered?
The Loyalty Discount is a fee discount of £1500 for Home fee paying students and £3000 for Overseas fee paying students, awarded for the first year of registration only.
If a student is part-time, the discount will be split equally over two years i.e. £750 per year for Home fee paying students and £1500 per year for Overseas fee paying students.
How do I apply for the Loyalty Discount?
You can apply for this discount via the Kent Vision portal:
- Select 'My Fees & Finance'
- Select ‘My Scholarships & Bursaries’
- Select ‘Apply for funding’
- All eligible funds will be displayed, click ‘Apply’ to apply for the Loyalty Discount if applicable.
- For September starters, the application deadline is 31 December of the first year of registration
- For January starters, the application deadline is 31 March of the first year of registration.
Are there any exemptions or things to be aware of when applying?
You cannot apply for the Loyalty Discount if you are:
- A Postgraduate Research student (eg. PhD or MSc-R)
- On Part one of a four year undergraduate degree following foundation study, as the foundation year is deemed to be part of the undergraduate degree.
- Continuing directly onto a MArch course in Architecture. Instead, you should look at applying for the Tomorrow’s World Scholarships
- A student who has completed a JYA or Erasmus full term/semester at Kent and registers on a privately funded PG programme
- A Medway School of Pharmacy graduate
- Continuing from a foundation degree to a top up honours degree programme
- Upgrading from an MPhil to a PhD
- Sponsored for your tuition e.g. if your fees are being paid by a sponsor (a private company or other organisation) not parents or relatives
- Receiving full funding from the University, covering 100% of your tuition fees.
Other information to note:
- A student who intermits or withdraws from a programme that has qualified for the Loyalty Discount will have the discount adjusted on a pro rata basis
- It is not possible for a student to qualify for more than one Loyalty Discount for each level of study
- Credit of the Loyalty Discount will only be confirmed after all details have been checked against the University´s records
- The University reserves the right to exercise its discretion in the determination of any individual case.
When and how will I find out if my application has been successful?
You can view the status of your application via the ‘View applications in progress’ under Fees and Funding of the My Finance area in KentVision.
Due to the high workloads at the start of the academic year, the Loyalty Discount applications may not be reviewed immediately.
Students should receive an outcome of their application within a few weeks of submitting their application.