Kent Graduate School

With passion and focus / You can achieve anything

Fieldwork and Off-Campus Study

  • Permission to be absent from the University for studying off-campus and or fieldwork should be sought from the School Director of Graduate Studies (Research Programmes), who should be satisfied that the appropriate facilities for research are available and arrangements for supervision are satisfactory. Requests for a reduction in fees for periods spent away from the University must gain the approval of the University Finance Committee.
  • Turin College archaeological excavations


  • Arrangements to allow a student to spend part of the prescribed of the period of registration elsewhere (i.e. amounting to no more than two-thirds of the period of registration), may be approved by the Faculty Graduate School Committee (or by the Faculty Director of Graduate Studies on its behalf).


  • As per Academic Regulations (Research) - 5.1.2 "A candidate may, with the approval of the appropriate Faculty Committee, spend a part of the prescribed period of full-time registration elsewhere, provided that not less than one third is spent in attendance at the University".





Graduate School - © University of Kent

Enquiries: +44 (0)1227 824089 or contact us

Last Updated: 14/10/2013