IIP Application information:
International Partnerships and the Dean for Internationalisation are offering the opportunity for 3 students to be awarded a bursary to participate in the India Immersion Program offered by Amity University.
The deadline to apply for the 2018 bursary is now closed. Details for the 2019 bursary will be announced in Spring Term 2019.
What is included in the programme?
- Academic Lectures/Sessions to include exposure to Indian heritage and culture, traditions and traditional wisdom, Indian spiritualism, the Indian nation and its people, religion, technology and development to name a few.
- Cultural Visits and Cultural Programs with student counterparts at Amnity University.
- Industrial Visits based on academic background of the visiting students.
- Orientation / Opening Ceremony and Farwell Ceremony with certificate presentation.
This year the program will also be focusing more on the following:
- Industry interaction as per the student’s background
- For a focused immersion we will try to create dedicated teams University wise depending upon the number of participation
- We might include modules on Social Enterprise
- Sessions on Yoga and Meditation
Also find below links to Amity's website which highlights our campus facilities:
- General Infrastructure - http://amity.edu/infra-study.aspx
- Library & Learning Resources - http://amity.edu/infra-library.aspx
- Auditoriums - http://amity.edu/infra-auditorium.aspx
- Labs - http://amity.edu/infra-lab-biotech.aspx
- Sports Facilities http://amity.edu/infra-play-facilities.aspx
- Accommodation - http://amity.edu/infra-live.aspx
- Eateries - http://amity.edu/infra-live1.aspx
- Campus Facilities - http://amity.edu/infra-live2.aspx
- Medical Facilities http://amity.edu/infra-medical-facilities.aspx
- Security - http://amity.edu/infra-security-parking.aspx
- IT Network - http://amity.edu/infra-more-others.aspx
How can I apply?
Applications are made using the online form linked to through the button on the right.
What will the Kent bursary cover?
- Full programme fee's (approx £1,200), incl.
- Airport Transfers (AC Coach)
- Welcome and Orientation Kit
- 20-30 Academic sessions
- Industry Visits and interaction with corporate people
- Accommodation on campus, inclusive of Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Delhi Sightseeing over the first weekend
- Trip to Agra-Jaipur over the second weekend
- Certificates of Completion for the program
- Cultural Programs
What do I need to pay for?
- Flights to India (excluding £100 contribution from Kent)
- Visa costs
- UK Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
2018 Bursary winners
Taylor Borowetz | International Development
School of Politics & International Relations
Deanna Rose Scutt | Creative Prose Writing
School of English
Naomi Wairimu Ng’ang’a | Applied Actuarial Science
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
It has been my dream to travel to India since I was young. I’ve never managed to fulfil this dream due to various reasons, such as trying to fit in the trip alongside my studies and having to fund as well as organise a trip. The International Partnerships department here at Kent University made my dreams come true, and I had the most incredible time. India was everything and so much more than I thought it would be. Amity University were simply outstanding at making us feel welcome and looking after our welfare. I was gifted a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study Indian culture, religion, commerce and economy under the guidance of some of India’s leading academics. I saw a selection of the ‘wonders of the world’, and managed to fully immerse myself in the truly fascinating and unique, Indian culture. I have learnt things which I simply would never have learnt from reading or being in the classroom. This has further fuelled my ambitions to travel back to India and see what else that beautiful country has to offer.
Additional Summer Schools available abroad: