International Partnerships play a pivotal role in positioning the University of Kent's international impact as it seeks to drive forward to meet its strategic aims and objectives. The International Partnerships Directorate supports the University in realising its strategic objectives through enhancing and deeping international partnerships with institutions that share Kent's founding principles and values and are strategically advantageous for Kent's advancement.
International partnership and network development is an activity that cuts across all sections of the university and needs to be sustainable and mutually beneficial in order to have lasting cross-boarder impact.
Main strategic objectives
The objectives below have been identified to support the University of Kent in meeting its strategic goals.
- [A] Undertake a critical review of existing partnerships and their impact on Kent’s Internationalisation Strategy and global engagement
- [B] Increase the number of international partnerships with top ranking institutions worldwide, in a series of calendared, targeted regions
- [C] Cultivate major and multi-lateral strategic partnerships for cross- institutional engagement
- [D] Enhance engagement with international education and training funding organisations (e.g. Erasmus+) to increase the quality and success rate of consortia bid submissions
- [E] Establish new initiatives to increase student and staff participation in international mobility programmes
(International Partnerships Strategy 2015-2020).
Strategic Aim 4a of the University of Kent’s Internationalisation Strategy sets the requirement for the:
“Development of a sub strategy for international partnerships in conjunction with Schools and Departments to include elements linked to different collaborative models and proactive means of extending school-to-school and cross-institutional engagement with partner institutions” (Internationalisation Strategy 2015-2020).
Through consultation with the Faculty Internationalisation Directors, Academic Schools and Professional Service departments, these objectives will be used to inform, and subsequently develop, department level international partnerships action plans.