Multicultural Events Fund
Which cultural or religious events and festivals are important to you?
Kent has a rich and varied student community and we would like to offer all of our students support to establish their own cultural events or national celebrations.
The Multicultural Events Fund has been established to enable University of Kent students to apply for a financial award of up to £350 to help run a multicultural event. Examples of past events that the University has supported include celebrations for Diwali, Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Newroz, Holi, African Caribbean Spring Ball, African Evening Gala, Discover Islam, Japanese Cultural Festival and a Thai Festival.
Deadline for applications is the 15th day of every month.
International Partnerships were delighted to support the Krishna Consciousness Society in hosting their Festival of… https://t.co/2NLyBCNGp3
Posted 14 days ago
Reminiscing about Kent IPW last week and what a great time everyone had welcoming our partners. Despite the weather… https://t.co/2JTuQgnTuF
Posted 15 days ago
Have you always wanted a feel for what it might be like to study abroad? Why not attend one of our summer schools o… https://t.co/68gNmK6nPd
Posted 16 days ago
Am I eligible?
Any group of three or more University of Kent students or registered Kent student society may apply.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application form and tell us how an award from the Multicultural Events Fund would help you to run an event. We welcome collaborative applications from student groups or societies working together. Deadline for applications is the 15th day of every month. We will inform you of the outcome of your application by the following 1st day of the month. Your event must therefore take place after the 1st day of the following month.
|Date of application||You will be informed by:||Your event must take place after:|
|16 December - 15 January||1 February||1 February|
|16 January - 15 February||1 March||1 March|
|16 February - 15 March||1 April||1 April|
|16 March - 15 April||1 May||1 May|
|16 April - 15 May||1 June||1 June|
|16 May - 15 June||1 July||1 July|
|16 June - 15 July||1 August||1 August|
|16 July - 15 August||1 September||1 September|
|16 August - 15 September||1 October||1 October|
|16 September - 15 October||1 November||1 November|
|16 October - 15 November||1 December||1 December|
|16 November - 15 December||1 January||1 January|
The Multicultural Events Fund Committee will review applications and make the award selections. The amount of the award will be final and may be all or part of the requested sum. No additional payments will be made from the fund to cover overspends. The committee will judge applications against the following criteria:
- Events supported by the fund must celebrate a cultural or national occasion. This does not include fundraising events or events with a political affiliation.
- Events supported by the fund must be held on the University's Canterbury or Medway campuses.
- Events supported by the fund must be open to all Kent students regardless of race, nationality, gender or sexual orientation.
- Applications must demonstrate how the funding award will support the event. The application must detail the nature of the event and items used, for example fireworks, candles, any food preparation etc.
- A detailed budget must be completed with a breakdown of how the funding award will be spent.
- Any funded event must adhere to the University’s Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- Applications must demonstrate how they will promote the event to all Kent students.
Awards will be allocated to the applicants who successfully demonstrate these criteria to the highest degree.
The committee reserve the right not to select a recipient if it is deemed that applications do not effectively meet the fund criteria.back to top
Terms & Conditions
If your application is successful, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The event must be open to all University of Kent students, staff and members of the local community. It therefore must be translated into English so that it is accessible to all.
- The event must adhere to the University of Kent’s Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- You must fill in an ad hoc events form at the following link: http://www.kent.ac.uk/events/adhoc/ and send a copy to International Partnerships at least 7 days before the event takes place.
- You must submit an Event Planning Timeline outlining the tasks involved in your planning to International Partnerships within 7 days of receiving the funds.
- You must send a draft copy of your promotional material to International Partnerships and receive approval before circulation.
- You must communicate that the event has been part-funded by International Partnerships and include the University of Kent logo in any promotional material.
- Awards may not be used to buy alcohol or cover travel expenses.
- Full receipts detailing spending of the total amount of funding awards allocated must be produced and submitted to International Partnerships no later than 14 days after the event has taken place.
- A final report must be provided no later than 7 days after the event, which may be used in University publications and on the University website. The report must include a brief description of the event, its impact, and how it might have been improved, attendance figures, event photos and / or videos.
- Should the event be cancelled or the funding provided is not used to its full capacity, all unused funds must be returned to International Partnerships
The committee reserve the right to withdraw all or part of the funds if it is deemed that these terms and conditions have not been met.back to top