Giving to Kent

Gift Aid

Make a gift button
Gift Aid logo

Gift Aid makes your gift go further. For every £1 you give to us, we get an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue.

All you need to do is make a Gift Aid declaration - either verbally or by ticking the declaration on our donation forms.

To qualify for Gift Aid, the amount you pay in income tax or capital gains tax must equal the amount we will claim in the tax year.

Please contact us if you have any queries.

Making a Gift Aid declaration

  • You can join the Gift Aid scheme by ticking the declaration on our donation forms or by verbally agreeing to do so when donating by phone
  • Verbal declarations will be confirmed to you by post
  • You only need to make your Gift Aid declaration once, eliminating the need for repeat declarations each time you donate
  • Your declaration allows us to reclaim backdated Gift Aid on any donation you have made over the last four years.

Higher rate tax payers

If you pay income tax at the higher rate, the University can reclaim tax as if it was paid at the basic rate and you can reclaim the difference from the Inland Revenue by showing the donation on your tax return.

For example, if you donate £100, the total value of your donation to us would be £125 - so you can claim back 20 per cent of this (£25) for yourself. Find out more on the HM Revenue and Customs website.

Development Office

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 19/10/2012