Documents you need to bring

If you find that your query is not addressed or if you have any specific questions, please email

Photographic ID

  • UK students: Passport
  • EU students (excluding the UK): Passport or EU identity card
  • Non-EU students: Passport and visa.

We will be unable to register you if you cannot provide the required identification. You will not be issued your KentOne card or classed as a student until this is complete. A passport will be required as official ID when opening a bank account, applying for work or verifying your age. The University therefore encourages all students to obtain a passport. If you do not have a passport, please contact us prior to your arrival at

Other documents you'll need

UK/EU students:

  • University or College Payment Advice letter from Student Finance England (if relevant). This may need to be scanned by the Finance team to ensure any maintenance loan payments are paid on time.
  • Proof of qualifications
  • Visa documentation (if relevant). This must be scanned by a member of the registration team.

Non-EU students:

  • Your Home Office Visa decision letter
  • Biometric Residence Permit (only applicable if your current visa was issued in the UK)
  • Health certificate, if applicable
  • Proof of your finances
  • Copy of your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) email.

Canterbury students: