The Telephone Exchange is located within the Estates Department. The switchboard at the Telephone Exchange is staffed from 8:30am to 5:30pm from Monday to Friday. It is closed at all other times including public holidays and during the Christmas vacation. The internal telephone service and DDI (direct dialling) facilities remain operational throughout.
All telephone related faults should be reported to the Telephone Exchange using the "Phone Fault Report" form.
Requests for new extensions, alterations to existing extensions and DDI facilities should be submitted initially to your departmental cost code manager.
Please use the corresponding form(s) when submitting your request to the Telephone Exchange. Completed forms should be submitted to Telexchange@Kent.ac.uk
In order to minimise any disruption to your service, whenever possible, you should submit requests for new phone lines and office moves at least 2 weeks in advance.
Estates Project team should use this form to request new IP phones for buildings located on the Canterbury campus - New IP Phones
- Guide to using your telephone.
- Instructions for programming your speed call keys.
- The Telephone Services Service Level Statement provides a comprehensive overview of the services offered.
- IP phone instruction manuals;
Model numbers 5212 - 5224 Model numbers 5312 - 5314 Model number 5304 Model number 5330e Model number 5020 Model number 5324
- Opening Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 from Monday to Friday
- T: 01227 823370
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charges & Private Calls
- Annual line rental costs £150 per extension
- Call are billed monthly
- Private calls should be prefixed by code - **444#, followed by 9 for an outside line. (Charges incurred will be deducted from your salary).