Printing and binding requirements are dependent on your course and are not all the same. Please check with your academic department to make sure you have the correct specifications. Most importantly, check your final file carefully before you go to print!
- Convert your file to PDF format. We will print your PDF as it is supplied, we are unable to amend or tweak.
- If you are using offset margins, please make sure they are opposite on all of the reverse pages.
- Email the PDF to email@example.com
- Include in your email, the number of copies required, whether you would like it printed single or double-sided, whether the file is to be printed black and white or colour and what type of binding is required. We offer the option of a soft-binding with a thermal or wiro finish, or we can case bind (hard bind) it in a choice of colours navy blue, black, or burgundy.
Please note all pages are printed as supplied, any pages that are not required in colour need to be converted to black and white prior to submitting the PDF document for printing otherwise you will be charged colour rate. Please ensure the black used is not a mixture of several colours.
You can calculate the cost by using the information below
- A4 black and whites pages @ 4p each
- A4 colour pages @ 20p each
- Standard binding wiro or thermal @ £2.00 per bind – maximum of 250 pages for wiro bound and 300 for thermal bound
Production time depends on our workload, so please allow up to two working days for completion. Both formats are accepted for marking by the University. All theses will be printed single-sided as standard unless stated otherwise.
- Case bound binding £35 for first copy £25 for all other bindings (printing is extra) – maximum of 250 pages*, please allow seven working days for production.
*Theses for marking should be thermal bound and not case bound.
All our paper is from sustainable sources.
Contact usT: 01227 827704
Please feel free to visit Kent Design & Print shop which is situated on the Canterbury campus next to the Estates Department
Open Monday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm
Closed weekends, bank holidays and winter vacation
Design & Print Centre, Park Wood Road, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NN